Thanks to the work of the RRVW’s Neighborhoods Committee, we tasted over 200 wines since we began with the 2014 vintage.
Importantly, our efforts are beginning to capture the imagination of the wine world.
- Geoff Kruth, President of GuildSomm, is teaching five Master Classes on “Neighborhoods of the Russian River Valley” in 4 US cities and Hong Kong in fall 2016.
- Evan Goldstein of Full Circle Wine Solutions taught a Master Class in NYC with 5 RRV winemakers and 15 RRV Pinot Noir wines on Neighborhoods of RRV.
- Evan asked to lead a RRVW seminar on the Diversity of Pinot Noir at SommCon, a trade group for sommeliers. While the focus isn’t on RRV Neighborhoods per se, the tasting presentation is organized around it.
- And Melissa Vogt of eRobertParker is published a series of articles on exploring RRV Neighborhoods.
- We were asked to described the Neighborhoods Initiative to sommeliers at the Sonoma Summit in November 2016.
We are excited to continue our multi-year effort of exploration with the 2016 vintage.
PLEASE PREPARE NOW TO SUBMIT WINES. As before, we are looking for single-vineyard pinot noirs from RRV vineyards. The samples should be pulled from neutral oak, if possible. Click here for Submission Form.
President, Russian River Valley Winegrowers